By Isoken ogiemwonyi
I’m trying to stay off the carbs – and breakfast being my absolute favourite meal of the day – I tend to carbo -load with bread and all things flaky and delicious. So naturally, I’ve been hunting for a healthier alternative, a few days ago I saw a recipe for banana pancakes, and decided to give it a go!
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- fresh fruit of your choice, to serve
- In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey and fresh fruit of your choice (if you want to)
I had mine with cheesy scrambled eggs (my ultimate breakfast guilty pleasure).
Blended Oats and Bananas.
Frying … I think I overdid the cinnamon.
So clearly it turned out a wee bit browner than I planned initially but all in all it was pretty tasty!
What’s your favourite breakfast?